PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Advice in tackling ATPL' exams...
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2015, 21:48
Straighten Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Scoobster,

I'm with ProPilot doing DL, and have found it very good so far. The set up here is 3 modules.

1 - POF, Met, M&B, HPL, VFR Comms, IFR Comms
2 - GNav, RNav, Perf, Flight Planning, Air Law
3 - AGK, Ops, Instruments

I started in Feb 2014, and am working on Mod 3 now. The revision classroom weeks are very good (I'm doing the mod 2 revision this week) and really help consolidate the knowledge. I took all of the Mod 1 exams in 1 sitting and am looking to take all the Mod 2 exams in 1 sitting (maybe not Air Law). I haven't hammered the QB - ProPilot give you 1 year access included (best to get a bit of the way through Mod1 before activating), but think for Air Law , Ops and RNAV as Byrondaf mentioned I will have to as there is just so much information to absorb and it's not like you'll ever need to know in your professional life, how many lights there are across the threshold or which Annex number covers Dangerous Goods.

Best of luck, it's hard work but so interesting (mostly) and rewarding. I wouldn't try and force yourself to squeeze it into a short period of time, you have 18 months and if you are short of money for this, I'm guessing you won't have £15k+ to throw at a MEIR. If you are working full time, I can't see that you would be able to get through it in less than a year, unless you did nothing else with your off time.