PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of Gibraltarian National Airline?
Old 13th Feb 2015, 19:18
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for all of your insight, I'd like to see more developments in routes to Gibraltar, obviously Britain is always going to be the biggest market out of there. If Spain pack it in an Air Nostrum CRJ/ATR to Madrid possibly 8/9 times per week could work, double dailies on peak days like Monday and Friday, no flights on Saturday. How were loads on GIB-BCN when Andalus operated it with the ERJ's? That would be another route I'd have thought was possible but - I don't know what loads were like.

Jet2? They seem like someone that could start maybe 2 weekly flights from Leeds and hopefully down the line Newcastle, maybe take on MON at MAN.

Dublin, would FR get a reasonably filled 738 out of GIB to DUB? Or would this be a route better left to Aer Lingus to give a go?

Scotland, one day, I think either EDI or GLA could happen with LS or EZY, I'm quite surprised (well... Not really) at the concentration of routes from the south of the UK compared to the north.

Other EU, whatever happened to the Air Malta flights? Could there be any interest from anywhere else in Europe? KL to AMS? No idea... I think GIB is pretty limited to UK/Ireland inbound traffic.

I wish RAM the best of luck, it's a route I'd like to try. Surprised they don't offer it CMN-TNG-GIB-TNG-CMN/CMN-GIB-TNG-GIB-CMN