PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2015, 17:08
pilotede320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many experts!

I am constantly amazed by all the experts on forums such as this!

We are free to give our opinions and advice and sadly, our vitriol.

I interviewed with COPA last March, 2014 and was thoroughly impressed with the airline. No, it doesn't work like a german machine or north American business. It is Panama!! and COPA is a very successful business and airline. Indeed a world leader.

The interviews were respectful and friendly. The sim ride was in a Emb-190 at BOG. The computer tests were just like others have posted here (Thanks, Merci, Gracias e Obrigado)...latestpilotjobs.com really helped. Lie detector test put me to sleep, psych eval was interesting too...what's with the paper folding?

I was very grateful for the various COPA courses I was offered as a direct entry captain but could not accept as my wife was ill with cancer. (fully recovered now thanks). Unfortunately, all further direct entry captains are indefinitely on hold. Understand they are promoting from within.

You can rest assured that there's no place like home. However, if you are looking for an opportunity to work with a vibrant, dynamic company, then this COPA is a great option. You really can be happy anywhere or bitter everywhere...your choice.

No, I am not from COPA management. However, I have lived in Brazil, Quebec and Bahamas. All foreign countries to a prairie boy! I travel a lot to central America although my Spanish still sucks. Nevertheless, I'd be very grateful to live in a place like Panama!!

Flew fighters in the RCAF and then flew with Air Canada for 26 years so I have an idea of what greatness is. I have two university degrees and working on a third so I can read a newspaper...in three languages but humble enough to admit my ignorance.

If COPA calls tomorrow, or next week...I'll be a dot on the southern horizon...and hopefully, not too fatigued to ever work! But grateful to thaw out.