PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2015, 15:21
aerohk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I am a HK/US citizen, graduating from a university in the US on March and I would like to seek for some advises! I am quite determined to apply for the cadet program, however I have only done some ground school with no actual flight experience. (My parents already paid for my BS/MS degree and I don't want to burn any additional money from them to get myself a PPL.)

Since I am already here in the US, do you guys think that it is advisable to remain in the US, get a job and finance myself through a PPL, then apply for the CPP? I am already a little bit old (mid-24) so I am not sure if I should wait any further to apply. Does Cathay require candidates to stay in HK throughout the interviewing process? In the sense that, do I get like 2-3 weeks of advance notice before the interview such that I may arrange to take some days off from work and fly back to HK? I am not exactly sure if my plan will work. For those of you who are living aboard, what is your experience with Cathay's interviewing schedule?

Thanks, and good luck to all wannabes!