PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2015, 12:53
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, there is much uninformed drivel on most web sites, however the root problem is getting little coverage in this PC age we live in. Let me explain, on my retirement from the heavy metal I was contacted by a recruiter to teach at a major Asian airline, so I went to look at their operation and in doing so sat through a few of their sim rides, what I saw was totally unbeliveable! The rides totally ignored basic flying skills and were so scripted that if the exercise called for say a cargo fire, the candidate had to be informed just which cargo hold the fire was to be in, if one switched the fire location it was considered "unfair" and if they scewed it up {which they did} it was struck from the file, and so it went on during every sim session I witnesed, I could go on for hours recounting what I saw in their training department, but there is no way these crews were up to standard, if one then factors in the cultural problems,{the captain is a God} there will be many more of these sad events. When I declined the position their answer was to offer more money, no critical observations were tolerated. Yes, I know Im non -PC, but Im too old to change!

Last edited by clunckdriver; 13th Feb 2015 at 15:22.