PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 13th Feb 2015, 08:20
JohanP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something else I believe, for 30 or 50K I don't think anyone could let you seat in thr right seat if you not able. Remember..PILOT INCAPACITATION is always there waiting for you
How can you be certain, 100% sure, when you assess someone that he/she will have the right reaction? And even more when it's about young pilots just fresh out of the school, you're a baby, you don't even know how to walk...
Apart from the salary, your description look like RYANAIR...but they still flying with no MAJOR EVENT after more than 20 years.
To me it is not the best exemple, the major event as you say was very close to happen, isn't it? 3 May-Day calls on same day, low fuel emergency. Obviously, it is not serious.
Low hour guys have to start somewhere as many started before even with no p2f...

Low hour guys are more trained cause they just went out from the school and they are very focused and they do well most of the cases.

Experience guys with differente background are flying with regular contract nowadays but still lot of gaps sometimes...and safety concern.
Well, the world turned upside down. If I listen to what you say, it's almost a fresh low hour pilot should be the captain and the captain the copilot because they are more trained? Do you realize what you wrote?
I know what you mean, and some very experienced pilots can still make terrible errors of course. But it is not the general situation.
Please, do not compare a 200TT pilot (mostly on SEP, 30 to 50hours on DA42 or PA34)
to an experienced Captain with 6000 hours on type. It is not possible at all.