PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 12th Feb 2015, 23:25
J74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohanP

Man, P2F is not only about doing an assessment like a regular airline. And, what you say is partially true. Indeed, some people must pass an assessment but I'm pretty sure many others don't and money is just the key. Assessment is a pretext.
I didn't say anything different..read carefully and I repeat that I know some Companies don't have any pre selection...but of course, you have to pass an OPC( I believe, you know what is it).
Believe me I'm in the industry and I know what i'm speaking about.
Something else I believe, for 30 or 50K I don't think anyone could let you seat in thr right seat if you not able. Remember..PILOT INCAPACITATION is always there waiting for you

How can a pilot be mentally able to fly a B737 or A320 with almost 200 passengers when he/she gets no salary, flies more hours than the max legal, has to come back to his/her base taking the bus for 10hours after the last flight.
How can a pilot be relaxed, unfazed, focused only on the flight when he/she doesn't know how he/she 's gonna pay for food, apartment and all the basic stuff..
If you're willing to pay 50k or more to do 500 hours, you're willing to accept all this and you already now from the beginning.

In any case, please LET ME KNOW , from the ABOVE, the Differences btw for istance, WIZZAIR or VOLOTEA etc and the p2f??

Apart from the salary, your description look like RYANAIR...but they still flying with no MAJOR EVENT after more than 20 years.

For me pay to fly= pay for your TYPE RATING so even before getting the hour and be involved in the LT...this is just to understand what I think about that!

MAjor disaster indeed happen to very experienced pilot..and I'm sure you're able to find by yourself all the fact via our GOOGLE friend.

Low hour guys have to start somewhere as many started before even with no p2f...

Low hour guys are more trained cause they just went out from the school and they are very focused and they do well most of the cases.

Experience guys with differente background are flying with regular contract nowadays but still lot of gaps sometimes...and safety concern.

So to speak about PAy2fly is something but to mix that and give the p2f=no safety is another story and in my opinion NOT TRUE!