PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 12th Feb 2015, 22:53
JohanP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you about the p2f programs cancer...but....I don't think that the safety is touched!I repeat that p2f program assessment are the same as for any pilot, you need to PASS SOME ASSESSMENTS and SHOW your SKILLS in the SIMULATOR as well. So if you pass you' re valid pilot as anyone else passed without any p2f.
Man, P2F is not only about doing an assessment like a regular airline. And, what you say is partially true. Indeed, some people must pass an assessment but I'm pretty sure many others don't and money is just the key. Assessment is a pretext.
Anyway, please don't tell the safety is ok.
How can a pilot be mentally able to fly a B737 or A320 with almost 200 passengers when he/she gets no salary, flies more hours than the max legal, has to come back to his/her base taking the bus for 10hours after the last flight.
How can a pilot be relaxed, unfazed, focused only on the flight when he/she doesn't know how he/she 's gonna pay for food, apartment and all the basic stuff...
And don't think P2F is only for rich people so they don't care about having to pay for living expenses. Some people get big loans to do P2F.
I forgot to mention something: for all of this, you have to pay! This is what I call the big jet flying club! At least, in your flying club you decide where to go.

P2F as well as being self-employed/contractor is destroying the industry but sooner or later, this system will collapse on his own. With how many airplanes?