PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2015, 22:30
Smudger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a 61 year-old 757 captain with absolutely no intimate knowledge of the ATR.. I have had a few glasses of red wine as I post this so please excuse me.. I have always been aware of the fact that the most likely things that will kill you as you try to make your way in aviation are propellers or altimetry.. this is unfortunately borne out as true depressingly often.. I flew left seat in the C130 in the RAF and in the Fokker F27 as my first type after I left the air force so I know what it is like to operate propeller driven aeroplanes... all I'm saying is please let's cut these poor guys some slack until we know the truth.. if they messed it up then so be it but let's not crucify them prematurely... a lot of the posters here have been intelligent in their analyses but let's please just wait for the official reports before we pass judgement.. I'm not saying that people are being unfair on here merely that we need to wait until the truth be known.. and hopefully lessons will be learned... in this business we never stop learning do we ...

Last edited by Smudger; 12th Feb 2015 at 23:37.