PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help needed, Ex Coningsby / Scampton / Wattisham people
Old 12th Feb 2015, 21:52
Memetic
Supercalifragilistic
expialidocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help needed, Ex Coningsby / Scampton / Wattisham people

Hi All,

I am cross posting this from a police officer friend's Facebook account, with his permission, as I could think of nowhere better to get a steer in the right direction.

I hope you can help. This was originally posted this evening.

Thanks

Memetic.

Sgt Winston Growler

This job often brings us into contact with some of the most vile people imaginable. On the flip side it allows us into the lives of some of the most interesting and delightful who you just don't want to say goodbye to.

Upon arrival at The Old Post Office I was met with a Post Office (Royal Mail) van planted into Mrs Thomson's house having rolled down the hill after the handbrake failed.

Speaking with her inside I spotted a B&W photo of an officer sat behind a desk. Asking if that was her husband she explained, after a quick tear, that it was although he has since passed away some four years ago. For the next hour we sat chatting about her late husbands career and how he used to fly the Lightning as well as the Spitfire and Hurricane for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight from RAF Coningsby and was the Commanding Officer at RAF Scampton home to the Red Arrows.

She informed me that somewhere down in either Sussex or Surrey that there is a 'Ground Ready' Lightning with her late husbands name on it along with an accompanying photo and yet she has yet to see it.

I've now set myself the task of finding out where it is and making sure she gets to see it before it's too late.

If anyone can help then your assistance would be appreciated.

As for the van and the 13th century house with a shifted structure, I think they'll both last a few more years.

Last edited by Memetic; 12th Feb 2015 at 21:55. Reason: Added Wattisham to the title having re-read the photo caption