PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how long to send licence off
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2015, 18:07
Level Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I passed my PPL a month ago but haven't had chance to get down to the flying school in the week to get my stuff sent off.
Just wondering as I've now passed my PPL can my ground exams still run out? Or anything else..
You must have valid passes in the theoretical exams (24 months from passing the last one) and you must have a valid medical (hopefully you know when yours runs out).

It used to be that your Skill Test pass was only valid for a certain period (6 months I think).

I do not believe that applies anymore but I do seem to remember it being 'replaced' with the "Course of Training" having a validity - Your Flying School will have stated when your Course of Training was completed (usually just before your Test).
Cannot find a reference for this, so happy to have it confirmed, or to be corrected.

All these validities are for Licence Issue.
This means the date the CAA process your application not the date they received your paperwork - this can catch some people out if there is a backlog at Gatwick.

Best to apply asap once everything is complete and, I would suggest a minimum of two months validity remaining on whatever expires first.