PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of the IMCR / IR(R)
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2015, 17:49
Level Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IN 2015/009

In March 2013 I posted that I thought the CAA should require that they were informed of all IMC/IR(R) revalidations or renewals so I think this IN is very good news - you never know they may take up my other suggestions ???

I used to be a UK CPL and IMCr holder. I now hold an Irish licence therefore I am no longer permitted to teach for the IMCR even after written confirmation from the CAA that as long as I hold the class, IR and IRI i could. I have many friends that are also now in the same position.

How ridiculous!
The UK CAA has stipulated that a UK rating, that can only be added to a UK issued Licence and that can only be administered by the UK CAA, can only be taught (or examined) by a UK Instructor (or Examiner) - What is ridiculous about that ?

It was your choice to change your Competent Authority to Ireland. If you wish to Instruct for the IMC/IR(R) then change back to the UK CAA being your Competent Authority.

Since all Part-FCL Licences give the same EASA privileges across all EASA member states what could you possibly lose?

Surely there are no advantages to holding an Irish Part-FCL Licence as opposed to any other country's !!!