PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA mandates replacement of R22 & R44 main rotorblades
Old 11th Feb 2015, 23:10
blakmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are both guilty of bashing a product you know very, very, little about.
Oh dear! Did you even bother to look at the link I provided or are you just adopting a stand whereby unless you are a pilot a contributor can not possibly comment on what are in fact technical issues? Firstly my approach is not to bash RHC, rather I have been addressing this issue with RHC and the FAA as well as publishing papers to alert the aviation community in general to the limitations of reliance on NDI and damage tolerance analysis for adhesive bonds which degrade in service, especially where the overlap length is exceptionally short.

Now you may not be interested in technical comments, but I am sure that there are other rotary wing personnel who are concerned about flight safety, irrespective of the manufacturer.

I await guidance from the Mods. Is this site exclusively for pilots? If so why are there threads for ground crews, freight handling, ATC etc. etc. These people are not all pilots. Maybe the solution as I said is to split the thread into Rotary flight crew and Rotary Technical Issues?

Regards

Blakmax