PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2015, 20:03
Royalistflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I think Putin is the best leader the world has seen in a long time. I have many contacts - academic journalistic and service in Russia, one or two of them close to him.

Putin will win in Ukraine, he may even eventually take Kiev. Kiev is, incidentally historically Russian - it was the first capital of Russia - ever heard of Kievan Rus?

I am pretty sure that what he wants is eastern Ukraine. The western part holds no interest for him.

Trying to make out that Putin is like Hitler is just silly and should be beneath real commentators here.

Trying to re-live the Cold War is equally silly. This is NOT the Soviet Union revisited, it is entirely different, unfortunately the Americans are unable to see this. Putin wants a powerful, defendable, self-reliant Russia, and he means to achieve that. I think you will find that after he regains eastern Ukraine, Belorus will opt to rejoin fully the Russian Federation, which will give them unfettered access to the Baltic.

After that you will find that Putin turns his asttention to his moslem neighbours and the far east. Once Eastern Ukraine is secured, his western border is secure, that's what he wants.

Putin will out-think any current UK or USA politician, believe me.