PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidence knocked post PPL
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2015, 10:51
PTR 175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, Bravo for having the courage to own up to your failings and using D and D to help you out. They are not only there for the nasty things in life.

One thing i have not seen mentioned is to fly with another pilot. This can take the load off. It means that you can concentrate on the Aviate bit first and have your friend in the RH seat helping you navigate.

That is what I did. It works well. I am at the moment legal but not current with my club so once current again I will find a PPL who is supping tea and we will go somewhere local for an hour. All it cost is a cup of tea and a bun if you land away.

Also as a confidence builder go on a land away somewhere local it does not need to be far, choose somewhere you went with your instructor, ideally at a place that does flying training. They will be more tolerant and you can have a laugh together later at the c0ck ups you made enroute and the bad RT you did. I second the GPS. I use an oldish monocrome Garmin. Which I use to compare my position.

Enjoy it. It is supposed to be fun. Before you go up ask others, if possible, what the Wx is like as well as looking at and understanding the Met. A good club will not be unhappy if you Cx your booking.