PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 11th Feb 2015, 06:55
ancientaviator62

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
LL,
very nice pics. Did lots of family day flights but not that one.
I was due to do a MAMS one but when I arrived at Ops I was told that there was not an a/c. So I threw my cot at the Eng Controller and said had it been Eng Wing due to fly we would have been spoilt for choice.
A frame was grudgingly allocated but with the snide remark that it was clear floor and there were no Role equppers to fit the seats.
No problem says I for I have a Cerificate of Competence for role fits.
So the other ALM and myself with the enthustiatic support of some of the movers reroled the a/c. We were off on schedule and did a lot of lifts flying the route as shown in the LL pics.
One year during the 30 Sqn Family Day flying I manage to get my reluctant late father in law up for his first ever flight at the age of 74 ! Sat behind the captain on the Nav stool he enjoyed it so much he did not want to get off. We came back to Lyneham and flew down the high street of our village where the annual bowls festival was taking place. When I got home I was told that our flypast was the highlight of the day and the bowls event committee basked in the reflected glory of being able to organiise it !
Happy days,
The signed print the Sqn presented him with hangs in our hallway.