PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2015, 05:59
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non standard off the book malfuction

Firstly.does anyone have a record of the time on ATR72-600 this combined crew had.Had they flown any other ATR series before?Have they flown any other turboprop before before? How much multi crew experience did they have before or were they predominantly military single pilot operation cultivation? This might lead to explain how they behaved if at all in appropriate.

I reckon non standard (non QRH referable) malfunctions, such as this MIGHT have been, at such a low altitude on a critical departure phase wuld likely lead to instincts taking over as there would be litle time to diagnose, formulate and decide and execute appropriately.I posted earlier an unwanted auto feather on an ATR72 on decent.It would be interesting to discover on which engine that took place and what the status of ATPCS, EEC and other related indications and mechanisms such as the Propeller Valve Module were commanding and indicating.The constant PL auto regulated power Management is quite unique to ATR as a turboprop and I wonder what anomalies were discovered during flight testing prior to certification. It might be that ATR the company knows something about this but is keeping tight lipped for legitimate reasons? The truth can only be collborated through CVR analysis...and the aircraft's techlog review..I suspect Transasia Engineers also might have something to contribute to this mystery.

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 11th Feb 2015 at 09:52.