PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2015, 17:36
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The DFDR analysis posted by HDRW queried why PL1 was retarded some 10 degrees..this was likely to countermand the uptrim on Eng 1 which the crew reckoned it to be unnecessary due to figuring that Eng 2 flameout was probably a false alarm.After that particular action am not sure what kind of comunication was taking place but it vertainly was confusing and the CVR is the only thing that can disclose the truth.I suspect very much it was either an ATPCS, EEC, or Propeller PVM (prop valve module) issue.The fact that the power quadrant is a constant postion lever(gated) and power is regulated automaticvally could be some weird electronic issues at play.Also the PMS is split(two rotary knobs as one..required for certificationp.perhaps there was a disconnect between them that might have caused weird Power Mismanagement?This would have happened at acceleration altitude..anywhere from 400ft to 1000ft but on average 800ft as per company policy when switching it from TO to CLB as part of the climb sequence flow by NFP.

On ATR 500 series there was no QRh procedure for ATPCS failure! If on takeoff..increae PL manually to the wall.If in flight..it was unwritten..and one would switch it off..but no CCAS warning specific to ATPCS.If it wasn't working at dispatch it was MEL GO with a weight penalt of 3600kg..because of performance degradation due to its unavailability.

QRH procedure for Abnorma Eng Parameters in flight:
If intermittent fluctuations or unrealistic steady indication
ATPCS........OFF
*when adequate flight situation
PL affected side FI
EEC affected side...OFF
*(if successful)
One EEC fault procedure....Apply
*(if unsuccessful)
Or-if TQ=0% and NP<77%
PL affected side.....FI
CL affected side.....FSO
Single Eng operation procedure...Apply
*if "---" indication on Torque digital counter...Avoid sudden PL movements.

Hotel mode only a ground ops function.I have had a prop brake unlock but on the grounds..and had to shut down the engine and have maintenance check it as is the SOP.
Prop brake coming on in flight..QRH says continue normal ops...just monitor eng 2 parameters (prop brake on Eng 2 only).After landing...CL2...FSO.

By the way ...on ATR...the PF(handling pilot) is the one whose hands are on the PLs and PM(non handling and monitoring pilot) is the one who confirms and PF moves it to idle.On the other hand the PM has his hands on the CL and PF confirms and the PM moves the CL to FTR and FSO.It is the ATR SOP...PF handles the flying controls and power controls and the PM handles the critical switches wth PF confirmation.The CL os an engine start and prop feathering/unfeathering and rpm control switch...on jets it equstes to engine stat levers..which the PM handles...at PF conformation.

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 10th Feb 2015 at 18:04. Reason: apologies for my typing errors..its not my English..just ageing fast fingers!