PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tired and Sad
Thread: Tired and Sad
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2015, 14:54
anotherbusdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right China, we only start moaning when something ****ty starts to happen to us.

It is human nature, the survival of the fittest, and the struggle for existence and all that.

I kind of think it is a bit like if a child gets a splinter. The child cries out and mum or dad come with tweezers hopefully and pull it out.

But what would happen if the child cried and nobody came and helped? Mum and dad just said, "Hey, stop whining. We had splinters, they were bigger and tougher than that splinter you've got. Bad luck. Life sucks. Get on with it".

I'm not a psychologist, but I think I know what would happen. It's kind of what is happening now in CX, on the Airbus fleet, and from what others are saying, the 744 fleet too.

And to use another analogy (which I think has been used here before): what is happening is like an engine being run at red line (and often times over when the operator deems it "should" be OK, because it wasn't stated that it "couldn't"), to the point that it is constantly run at the limit.
We all know an engine was not designed to be run at limits, and we all know what happens to engines that are operated like that. They break down, become unreliable. Need more servicing. And sometimes they just stop, and never start again.

It will be interesting, of that I'm sure.

"May the company operate in interesting times".....

Last edited by anotherbusdriver; 10th Feb 2015 at 22:47.