PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 10th Feb 2015, 13:22
Alison Conway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dogs

Many moons ago a loadie by the name of B***N A****R and I got to our aircraft to do a quick Germany run to deliver what we thought would be the usual mix of general freight. How wrong we were! On board there were a dozen really grumpy Army war dogs in individual cages. They are not bred or trained to be friendly. I have no idea how long they had been there, but they let us know that they were angry and in no way sedated. B***N said something to the effect of "not in MY aircraft" and we both left to find anyone who knew what was going on. Nobody seemed to know. Eventually the captain, co and nav turned up at which point both B**** and I said we were unhappy with the doggies. The captain asked why until he came face to muzzle with a very ferocious dog which was emitting steam from its ears! The RAF doggy handlers and their vet were called and the trip put off until the next day when said doggies were sound asleep....but we were not. The possibility of one of those on the flight deck kept us all very much awake.