PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion advice sought
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2015, 10:19
319driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,
I have few questions about the conversion as well.
I have a FAA ATP with A320 type rating and I'm flying in Asia as FO on the 320 with a ICAO ATPL.
I passed the 14 EASA ATPL exams (UK) and I have my 1st class medical from the UK as well.
I was looking to do the skill test to convert from my FAA license but I guess the A320 type and IR are not valid anymore? last LPC in the US was in August 2013, my FAA medical is valid. Can someone confirm that I have to do a FAA LPC before the conversion? I think the original license must be valid.
My second options is convert to EASA from my ICAO ATPL from the country I'm flying in. If they recognise it.

The second question is about the PIC time to get the EASA skill test, when I did my FAA atp they took half of my SIC time for the PIC requirements, it looks like it doesn't work like that with EASA. I heard that people log PICUS time when they fly their sectors? Is that right? Or do I need an approval letter from the authority here to log as PICUS?

A last question about a TRTO offering the conversion ATPL skill test in the UK, any good contact for the conversion skill test on the A320?

Many thanks for your help.