PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Personal Health Limits
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2015, 06:13
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by localflighteast
now that I'm not a student the answer to your question is a lot easier for me.

While I was learning I was always aware of the fact that I was screwing up my instructor's schedule as well as mine.

Now as well as G the E's questions, I also ask myself "Am I going to enjoy this flight"

if the answer is no , then I don't go
Interesting. I am still a student, but if I am crook I wont fly, I try my best to give plenty of notice to the instructors but ultimately if your head is not in it then there is no point flying.

Last week my mother passed away, and I have made the conscious decision to cancel all training for now. I am fine, but I have my moments (usually at night when I have a glass of red or 2!). Given I am now at the point where I go out solo most of the time I figure its just not worth it. Its going to hurt my training, but it may well just end up with me dead if I am not on the game. I will pick it up again next week I think, and it may just mean an extra hour of dual flight to pick up where I left. A cheap price to pay I think.

The bonus with having down time, is that I am replaying a lot of stuff in my head now. I was doing steep turns fine under instruction, but not doing well out solo. I have since figured out my head was spending to much time in the cockpit rather than focusing on looking out and keeping the correct attitude. So maybe the downtime will actually save me money!