PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Fly-in
Thread: First Fly-in
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2015, 21:37
KandiFloss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ericferret - 'As children we would walk all the way to the far side of the airfield where the club was located. Took us about an hour. In those days most of the flying was done in Austers G-AIPH and AIJT' ... awww ... someone's reminiscing?! I know what you mean though. I remember my mum once taking me to East Midlands to go 'aeroplane spotting' (which would have been exciting enough!) but she told me that we were going on holiday. We flew with Britannia airlines (giving my age away now!) and I remember getting a little aviation log book onboard which the Captain filled in for me ... which I thought was awesome!

'The thought that all this is going under houses breaks my heart. The destruction of the English countryside for housing driven by excessive immigration is an appalling consequence
of failed government policies. Worth remembering that the population of this country was predicted to top out at about 50 million now we are heading towards 70m. I despair.'
... I share your pain. I fly from Sleap, and a few years ago we were worried that Hanson were going to turf up the runway, luckily they left us alone. Hopefully they won't come back for another go.

I would be camping, but I can't stay over night :-( . Hot water bottle/Duvet/Brandy = keeps the cold sorted!

Are you going?