PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2015, 17:05
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi interfrequentflyer...
When I was opening the link I found immediately the stat discussion "Averages and outliers" that I liked very much (math acuracy), despite what the author was saying was not new -Mandelbrot told that many decades ago as a part of his works on systems dynamic in finance (his work) and after that fractals- but always forgotten in actual works, airspace or finance included. and despite I did not understand why Winnerhofer gave that link in AF447.12
"We" have leaved and lost the traditional skils of aviation, but "we" did not accept the strict logic and math rules of the new IT world emerging in airspace. The result is dummy pilots who no more understand their planes and are unable to understand them. It is why I'm plaiding for a higher level in math, IT, physic in airspace, pilots included, and that has a price, the price of the modern IT world that we are not able to stop.

And I did not read "The C* continuum"... reading the comments on PPRuNe about C* I'm seeing that common acurate définitions are still missing. It is strange and paradoxal, because we see many planes are flying. In fact aswell militaries like gums or civilian like PJ2 with a great and safe experience of FBW both are flying with the very FIRST FEEDBACK used by human : Sight with eyes, on the natural or artificial horizon or Hud.
Effectively the Side stick works with Nz as the term "1/s" in the equation lets no doubt (A33Zab) , but both gums and PJ2 do not matter : the first adds the sight feedback to that équations (don't forget that the stick is always creating a transient and not a steady situation, ie starting a simple turn with bank), the second learns to do only little quiet movements giving time to the system to follow his understanding of action on the stick (still short around tenths of second).But many ordinary pilots have not that ability to counteract in fact these sytems done to correct low turbulence, and not able to correct heavy windshear (to be discussed) and are in big trouble when incidents happen.

Last edited by roulishollandais; 9th Feb 2015 at 17:06. Reason: excessive interligne