PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 9th Feb 2015, 12:33
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As to Nigel, who says a pusher or thrust reducer would not be good on take off ( ), this never stopped the Trident having pushers, and not having any problems with them. Besides, AB could easily limit the action to greater than 2,000 ft. And as far as I can see, this would not add weight or cost to a standard AB. I am sure that both stick push and thrust reductions, for approaching the stall in alternate law, could be made as a simple software change.
ASRAAM answers the point I have been trying to make... Alternate Law is, by definition, a Reversionary Mode. It is Reversionary for a good reason, and hence why Stall Protection is degraded.

If the system integrity in Alternate Law was high enough to justify stick pushing, then it would be called Normal Law

Look at the latest OEB - the effects of a "Stick Pusher" in Normal Law A320 uncontrollably diving to 4000'/m. If there are hidden flaws in Normal Law, how could you write a Safety Case for such a Pusher in Alternate Law?