PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 9th Feb 2015, 11:33
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Yes Samca,

I am more than aware what the recruitment process is for my own airline.

Re the process being eliminatory yes I accept that you can get cut at any stage in the process. This however does not mean that you have done anything other than meet the minimum standard required for that phase.

Here is an example let's say there are 4 phases all of which have a pass mark of 75%. It is entirely possible for someone to get 75% in every phase, or for someone to get 99% in every phase and from the outside you as a candidate would not see the difference. However the system is likely flexible enough that should someone say get 99% in 3 phases and get 74% in one of the last phases I am sure they would rethink what outcome they came to with that candidate. On the other hand if someone had actually just gotten through each phase then they may well say that though the general standard had been achieved there was not enough overall to make an offer. This would be normal for any company's selection process at this level.

Yes the company say we will accept Level 4. This however is not because that is what they seek. It is to not eliminate candidates who are well above that level but do not have a piece of paper saying so! That is the absolute minimum requirement, not what they are looking for.

Good example in the UK the Royal Air Force say they are looking for candidates with 5 GCSEs, the majority are university graduates or at least have A levels the British Army says they need 2x A Level's however 85% of cadets entering the academy are university graduates. The minimum is just like a flying one there is no requirement to go to it before you go around!

The logic of your argument is that you have an ATPL and a type rating therefore you should automatically pass the assessment as you can fly the plane legally! You say your English is no problem, chap I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but have you read your last post. Don't be touchy about it accept it, yes lucky old me I'm a native English speaker, etc, etc but the fact is you are difficult to understand.

I was trying to offer you some encouragement and help for you as a fellow professional pilot. You take it however you like. The fact remains they didn't interview you for no reason, on paper you must have the requirements. The fact that YOU believe your sim performance was fine does not mean that they did. So the reality is that something somewhere in the selection process was not what they were looking for. I was simply suggesting you look at yourself and try and find what is was as if you believe that they simply did not select you for no reason then that would not entirely make sense. There must be a reason and you should endeavour to find it within yourself so that you can take it forward at your next selection. The reason is likely not just your sim. If however you wish to believe that they spent thousands of dollars putting you through a process to say NO just because they felt like it then you crack on with that and go back to being angry with me....