PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Croydon Airport
Thread: Croydon Airport
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2015, 11:14
bigal1941

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mexican Viking and others

Excuse the resurrection of this thread, but as a young lad glued to the fence in Forresters Drive, I always wondered what happened to the Mexican Viking that sat out side the Air Couriers hangar for ages. It took off eventually East to west over Wallington. There was also a yellow Beech 17 plus the Lambert Trust's Sealand JKL ? together with a cream and green Lockheed 12, GTL ? that flew over the house fairly regularly. The Arrow Active now resident in Breighton was a resident as well together with a Shorts Scion. I saw the Herald come to clear customs, I cant remember if it was the 4 piston version or the twin dart, but it was a Saturday morning. The excitement when Bev Snook's V tail Bonanza appeared cleared the playground over lunch as did a Belgian American Twin OO FUN . The afternoon the load of Tiger Moths for Rollasons refurbishment programme appeared enlivened a very dull French class, were they only £50 ponds a piece ? Anyway excuse the ramblings I know I should get out more Alan