PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2015, 10:53
bud leon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaboy:

Read my posts....I am not blaming the crew, I am apportioning blame on a culture that is prevalent in Asia! It starts with the regulator and works itself down to the operators. Incompetence has developed through lack of proficiency and oversight.

I work in Asia.......culture has a lot to answer for.

Air Safety...... look at this operators history!!
Asia: 4.4 billion people in 49 countries. Generalisation much? I also work in Asia, and it's my opinion that anyone who talks about "Asian culture" talks about human culture but hasn't worked out that not looking caucasian does not automatically equate to incompetence, lack of proficiency and foresight. Tell me how it is that Asia is the fastest growing economic region in the world. Is it through culturally embedded incompetence?

Maybe Air Asia has a safety problem. I don't specifically know. I certainly would want more than raw incident data to draw a conclusion. The United States has the largest prison population in the world, and the second-highest per-capita incarceration rate. Going by your mode of assessment, Americans are a bunch of criminals.

I post this because I think all the predominantly western criticism of Asian aviation safety on this forum, often based on a bunch of premature conclusions, needs to be rebutted.