PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 9th Feb 2015, 09:15
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Vortex

If you are working in Flydubai you must know that It is a eliminatory proccess thats mean that if you don't pass the First exercise dynamic group your are out, if you don't pass the second one which is a personal interview IN ENGLISH you are out. I don't care my grammar you understand becouse It doesn't matter to much I was able to pass this 1 hour interview in english with british people making me all kind of questions. I've been flying 3 years with British pilots and I know you are very proud about your language but you must know It was not the reason. My level 5 was enough believe me. And It is enough each time that I Fly to USA, so you can be completly sure that my ENGLISH was not the problem during my simulator test. Becouse if they want Pilots with a perfect grammar just they would say level 6, and for this Assestment as far as I know level 4 is enough.
Second, i don't understand very good what yo say about my doubts and personal thinking expressed in other posted here in this forum. Do you think that influenced in something the sim? I don't think so. You are trying to look for reason to put over my shoulders that I fail the sim for myself and the people that did my check are fully fair and as I told you and repeat you It is very difficult to pass a simulator with 4 people back watching each decition you take.
Also I repeat you Vortex, you say that It is not only the flying skills what they are looking for, and as I said our CRM was very good taking into account our very different SOPs and standard call outs, we prepared for the sim the night before in the hotel looking for our differences and trying to see how to connect our Ops. So we flew, navigate and com safe, but not using flydubai procedures just our procedures, It always will be someone telling why you celan at this altitude instead this one, or why you do nothing in an engine flameout until flap retraction altitude, my answer is becouse I used the SOPs of my company and everybody in the briefing room were agree. My feeling as I said It is not fair at all becouse they try to be very friendly during the briefing and after in the sim they are going to look for any fail yo do for knocking down. It was not fair, very strange everything. Anyway It is my First Assestment after a long time and I expect more transparency for the rest. Let see,

Regards and happy flights

Last edited by samca; 9th Feb 2015 at 09:39.