PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines that have its pilots pay to fly
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2015, 09:06
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F1 doesn't really equate to flying, it's a sport with huge returns for the drivers if they make it and last time I watched, they weren't carrying fare paying passengers.

Also, many find rich sponsors who cough up for the prestigious paddock passes and thrill of being part of the team, although in reality they are just cash cows.

Also, as I understand, Easyjet don't pay dividends to the shareholders as the profits that are left after management have taken their huge bonuses and share options are put back into expansion. Stelios wanted div payments as I remember. So the management team seem to be the only ones sucking the profits if you disregard the share price, but as they say... Shares are a gamble and the price can go down as well as up. If for instance there was a big hull loss in any company and lawyers could pin it on recruitment, training or fatigue then you can imagine what would happen to the share price! And those responsible would have taken the cash, shares and pension contributions and move on. Again think Fred the Shread.

I guess we will have to see how it pans out.