PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2015, 20:30
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Seems as though Carry on is rolling out a few trolls of his own and stealing material from, how does he refer to it, ah yes the "unspeakable PPrune" or UPP.

Quote:

"Unfortunately accident investigation is being driven by organisational theory and bureaucrats with the end result being sub-standard reports like Pel-Air."

Good point; and, in a normal world, it would be a legitimate topic for civilised peer discussion. But for Pel-Air at least I reckon it could stand a little expansion.
For the record that quote from P9 is one I made on the Senate Thread. He can't have it both ways, on the one hand calling me a troll and on the other starting his blog with an unattributed quote from me. You might want to check the dictionaryagain for the meaning of the word hypocrisy TB.

Thanks Sidebar. Just reading the review however sort of backs up what is wrong with HF, its all good theory but doesn't really provide solutions.

Quote:
His conclusion is disturbing. This accident happened because, or perhaps in spite of everyone behaving just the way we would expect them to behave, just the way theory would predict. The shootdown was a normal accident in a highly reliable organization.
and then this from a reviewer at MIT:

Quote:
The book is a model of organizational analysis and application of theory at multiple levels, including an ability to reveal the gaps in theory without undermining the theoretical analysis."
The ATSB HF experts are all very clever and can show you what led to the end result but it doesn't offer a practical solution. As an example QF1 went into all sort of details about flap25 and carbon brakes etc but overlooked the simple fact that if the go-around was conducted according to the manual (pressing the TOGA buttons) then it probably would not have happened.

Unfortunately accident investigation is being driven by organisational theory and bureaucrats with the end result being sub-standard reports like Pel-Air.
Sarcs I know you are keen on references and accuracy. The above is at #2656 on the Senate thread.

This is part of the reponse at #2661:

Good point Lefty and in a normal world, it would be a legitimate topic for civilised peer discussion. But for Pel-Air at least I reckon it could stand a little expansion.
So not only is Carry on getting his blogs from Aunty Pru slipped into Pprune but he is also lifting his postings from a closed thread into his blogs onto Aunty Pru and not even the complete posting! I think he has learnt a few shonky techniques from CASA on how to
manipulate documents to present "new" material.

Last edited by Lookleft; 9th Feb 2015 at 21:13. Reason: UPP strikes again!