PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Fly-in
Thread: First Fly-in
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2015, 18:04
KandiFloss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jan Olieslagers - hello buddy! It is a good suggestion of yours to try to find out what time would be the quietest time to arrive ... thank you :-) . What happened when you felt overwhelmed by R/T in the busy circuit? (Maybe PM me, if you don't want to say in front of Pprune head shakers?!)I have had something similar once, it was difficult to get a word in edgeways, and the circuit was so busy that it was overwhelming, I just reminded myself to keep focusing on flying the a/c, my position in the overhead and then circuit, and not worrying about other people coming in after me.

Bless you, thank you for offering me confidence :-)

Thanks for sending me info about the Schaffen fly-in, unfortunately that's a bit far for me, my flying piggy bank fund won't get me there :-( ... but, i'll keep doing the lottery ... and maybe!

Mark1 - thank you for your advice :-), sounds like a great airfield, I didn't know that it had so much history? I remember there used to be a pub next to the airfield called 'The Flying Bedstead' after the testing that was done there. When I was younger, I used to ride my pony around the edge of the airfield, and into the country park next door for a good gallop! It will be very different sort of 'horse power' for me this time! It sounds as though you want to get there yourself? It's a shame that you won't be able to attend.