PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 8th Feb 2015, 16:13
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flydubai Assestment experience

Hi guys,

I want to share my experience with the Flydubai assesment in Istambul.

First: Presentation of the company as usual by Human Resources general manager. Standard like always. We were 4 guys, two spanish, one indian and one indionesian.

Second: Group exercise. first exercise we had to give ideas to the company for their expansion, second exercise to take 15 object from a list of items they provide we were in a desert island. Discuss about everything with the rest of the group and take decitions.

Lunch time. after lunch one guy knock out

Third: Afternoon, personal interview. We were asked about everything, personal and professional questions like usual.

After this, another guy out.

SECOND DAY

Simulator test. We were only two first officers so they sit both of us in the sim. Take off from Muscat airport Runway 26 climb until 3000īft (No AP, FD and AT, thats mean fully manually), turn right intercept radial 320 of Muscat VOR. Then radar vectors for a RAW DATA approach RWY 26. Minimums you will not see RWY in sight so GO AROUND procedure. ENG Fail during go around. I continue flying and compensate the asymmetric power until flap retraction altitude (in their profiles 1500FT) then memory items and request from the other first officer ENG FAIL checklist (there was no fire/damage eng). Then they stop the simulator and they explain the second part of the simulator. We could use Autopilot in this phase. Second approach it was a LOC approach RWY 26 with ONE ENG. VNAV available. I completed the approach and in short final APU fire. I landed the airplane (ON GS all the time) stopped in the center of the runway and applied memory items for the APU fire. We call the tower and they said we had fire and smoke in the tail so Evacuation was necessary. I called for the checklist emergency evacuation and advise to evacuate for the forward exits of the plane.
We applied the checklist and finish the session. Small break and my colleague did his session and I did as PM.

Both of us fail the simulator. I feel very sad and I donīt understand why. There was 3 british TRI/TRE plus the girl of the agency back in our sim session. They donīt provide any feedback but it seems to be something wrong during my emergency evacuation exercise.

Now my feeling of everything. I thought that we did both a good job in the sim, taking into account that both of us are first officer I think we have to be evaluated as first officers. In the briefing all the time they repeat you all the time do not worry about your SOPs, we only want to see your flying skills and CRM blablabla... it is not true. Honestly I donīt know what they are looking from me? I think we operate the airplane in a very safe manner all the time. We tried to coordinate ourselves and we did it. Our call outs were differents as well as our SOPs but finally we did a good job. Very strange everything, very very strange. I can not recommend any friend to assist the process, for me it is not fair.
So keep pushing my friends and try to forget this bad experience in my life.

Cheers and good luck for everybody.