PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 8th Feb 2015, 14:42
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Skysod really?

Skysod.

Yes we know some of the destinations as not our first choice. Yes we know some could even be considered a bit "tasty".

Lets be honest though. We all know just like there are three useless things in aviation there are also three certainties in life.

Inevitability number one that you have in life is that at some time you will die the next other certainty in life is that you will pay taxes. The last we all know and love is that if you buy a nurse more than two drinks on a night out you will get lucky.

Every other thing in life is uncertain.

With FZ we do however know that we get paid, what is in the contract and we get paid it on time. My pay has been late once by 48 hrs in 3 years. In quite literally every other airline I have worked in the pay has been incorrect, late or non existent. They also pay us more than BA and Lufthansa captains in the RHS of a B737 and more than double many European airlines when we are in the LHS.

So yeah we might get killed, c'est la vie! If Mrs VT gets the life insurance and the mini VTs school fees get paid then I've done my job dead or alive and they get the money. That is the reason that I put the time and effort into my career and is comfort enough for me. So if you are unhappy with the situation then leave! But don't try and put people who may not be so experienced i the region off.

The choices are simple, they give us money we decide if we accept the risk, it is hardly hidden. If we want the cash then that is the risk that comes with it. They have a choice when they join and don't have to join if you or they have better options then good for them.

Can you tell me of a better B737 job anywhere on the planet in a country where you would actually want to live?

Just for info as you clearly aren't in the know! Tin helmets are a little bit WW1. They went to steel for WW2 and have been carbon kevlar for many years now!

Last edited by Vortex Thing; 9th Feb 2015 at 08:08.