PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2015, 10:47
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are on a open forum and not on the NTSB website. We do speculate and give our, obviously not completely informed, reassured, doublechecked opinion. Otherwise close the forum.

If i put my bum, or the one of my wife and kids' onto a public airline seat, i expect a minimal competence of our fellow aviators in the cockpit. We are all put there to guarantee safety and to be the last resort for any failure that can happen.

I very much hope that we can all agree that an engine failure is probably (and hopefully) one of the most extensively trained failures, because of its time critical nature.

If an airliner crashes due to engine failure, we might not blame the pilots right away, however, if we read and get confirmed that the other engine than the one that lost power is shut down within seconds, then i can't believe the not blaming the jockeys.

We are in the planes for a purpose. Trying to excuse such a blatant failure takes away our legitimation to fight anything from bs automation, to single pilot cockpit and so forth. Those poor colleagues failed blatantly, whatever the initial failure and subsequent indications, warnings were. In a modern twin airliner shutting down the remaining power source is a deathwish or a screw-up.

No one can ever convince me of the opposite.