PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New HNA Job?
Thread: New HNA Job?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2015, 22:18
On Final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hainan Air

Hello KR2, what a good post, very informative ..!

I wonder if there are any happy foreign pilots working at Hainan Air? The problem is finding any pilots that are happy anywhere..haha.

Most happy pilots don't waist time making posts to tell us how happy there are but will rant and rave all day long how bad things are. Its when you keep seeing many many posts about Hainan Air just makes you wonder is it really worth the pain.

Anybody that's worked I China knows that:

1. Crazy Sim Checks
2. Crazy Medicals
3. Employees allowed to pack everything off the jet
4. Foreign pilots are normally only tolerated and most are never totally accepted among other workmates
5. Elearning can really take up much of your time.
6. Unpaid safety meetings, often just takes you time
7. Medical checks scheduled on your rest days often
8. Pollution
9. Unsafe food
10. Initial training in China takes 3 to 4 months normally. Training pay after CAAC sim check about a week after you show up.
11. Chinese Written test difficult

But the most important thing is your work environment, are you safe? Is your employment safe without out worry of being taken out? Do you worry about your next crazy sim check if you will pass? At my current airline if you fail a sim, your done there is no right seat option. Fortunately they try to help you through it. Know one is perfect in the sim, and with these crazy Chinese sim checks if they want to kill you, they can.

If you need to start new work somewhere it takes months and months to get back into the cash flow again. So you need a kind environment or you will feel like you might not make it through your next sim check, not good for your health to feel this.

Without the environment I think its too risky and unhealthy to work in. The question is Hainan Air a safe place to work a contract?

Once again, great post.

Happy trails,

On Final