PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 7th Feb 2015, 15:56
PPRuNeUser0173

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@CockpitSeeker......this is just a repeat of something that was tried 5 years ago and it didn't succeed then so why should it now? FYI I signed the petition and a fat load of good it did (not).
As I said there will always be someone who will pay just to get ahead of you and that's one of the reasons why it will never go away sadly.

In my day I just signed a bond and agreed to stay for the appropriate time but there were those that signed the said bond then jumped ship for something better - and to make matters worse they did not honour that bond.

There is an element in the pilot community that will not honour what was agreed so bonding changed to the company taking a loan with a bank then handing it to you the pilot to pay off. It then morphed into the pilot paying from the beginning.

It is a dilemma for most pilots and I have known guys sign a bond for a turbo prop on a Monday and walk out into a jet job on Friday and conveniently forgot the arrangement that they had entered into 5 days previously.

Enjoy the soup..........