PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for settling nerves..
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2015, 14:22
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tips for settling nerves..

This "feeling" has been bugging me for some time and I have tried several things to stop this.

I learned at a good school, with good instructors and passed my PPL.. although a new PPL, throughout my training I have felt a sense of nervousness/confidence issues when flying..

I have flown to different airfields with a buddy and also as a passenger (due to a complex aircraft type) to places further afield.

I did some variation training on a different aircraft over 2 days in the UK and the chap/instructor who has never flown with me before made a comment said that I have far better ability than my confidence. And that I am a very competent, above average, skilled PPL compared to others he has flown with.

I obviously do not know any different because I have nothing to assess against...

I cannot even explain the feeling.. it feels as though there is no time to think, react especially in the circuit in a heavier aircraft.

Is this normal??

I will go up alone again next week to do the exercises and for a Nav alone... and I am sure I will be fine but the nerves will still be there.. its just a sensory feeling that I cannot explain properly.

I have a great passion for flying and need to nip this in the bud.

Last edited by Scoobster; 7th Feb 2015 at 14:48.