PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Part 61 conundrum for Australian ATPL applicants
Old 7th Feb 2015, 03:46
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Obviously you also have an ATPL Morno
Yes I do.

now at the whim of their employer, or stuck on GA with not many upward options
No overseas opportunities anymore, no majors, and now, competing with 457 Vias overseas pilots at regional airlines as an FO..
If you are obtaining a Command, I dare say your flight test will be included in the upgrade process. If you so choose to go overseas, then that should be at your cost, not your employers. We're not the only country in the world requiring a flight test for an ATPL (complexities of which seat it need's to be in aside).

This is the first ad that I have seen requiring an ATPL since the new rules, however has been pointed out, it's a new operation (apparently). Didn't Skywest also get some guys in from overseas to fly the ATR's when they first started?

Honestly mate, would you really be happy if you were in these kids position?
You're acting as though the sky is falling fpv. Good luck to companies who think they will get away with 457 Visa's for anything other than start up operations like this.

Would I be happpy? I may not be applying to Skipper's, but I'm sure there's still plenty of operators who aren't requiring an ATPL.

Maybe answer this question for me:
Why should ATPL's be given out in Corn Flakes boxes just because you reach 1,500hrs? Should CPL's be given out when you reach 150hrs?

morno