PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2015, 01:39
TheInquisitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ka6crpe - Agreed, within those bounds - if one looks again at the 'height' traces both on FDR and FR24, you can see a significant 'dip' towards the end - which may correlate with the portion of the video you analysed?

Useful, I feel, for 'end-game' analysis - but maybe less useful in determining causality?

Perhaps it's an indication of the human tendency to concentrate on the 'spectacular' (which the videos representing a few seconds certainly were!) - as opposed to the relatively dull linear analysis of some 2-3 mins worth of flight...

Whatever the conclusion, I have to say that in 25 years as an aviator, I have never before seen such close-up and detailed video evidence, followed by such a rapid release of FDR data - on top of the relatively new phenomenon of ADS-B derived traces, too...

I'm not sure yet whether it's a good or bad thing that we are somehow able to be sitting here, only 3 days after an accident, doing an 'amateur' (albeit as interested and deeply-connected professionals) analysis of an accident sequence.... to my knowledge, it is unprecedented.