PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ThaiLion
Thread: ThaiLion
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2015, 23:26
B767_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry AVOID THAI LION AIR

I wouldn't recommend joining Thai Lion Air to my worst enemy. They think they "own you" (quote from DFO) from the day you pass evaluation. The most un-organized company that I have ever seen and they feed the agents false information to get guys to travel to Bangkok on their own dime. They say they will reimburse your ticket, but do not until after signing a BS contract (suppose to be NET pay, but not. Even pilot working there warned first day they screw you over on pay and on duty time).
The trying program is a joke and they received big problems from ICAO audit very recently. The whole training program consisted of 2 hours of SOP (FO reading out of manual), 2 hours of OM (DFO reading out of manual) and a couple hours going over general subjects. After that you get one day for SEP, slide training and a fire drill (no wet drill, which is a DCA requirement).
The DFO is a very arrogant guy who is very anti-foreign pilot. Heard he will soon be fired, so that may be a step in the right direction for TLA, but until then there are much better airlines flying 737's in Thailand and Asia in general that appreciate foreign pilots.