PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Home network
Thread: Home network
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2003, 07:14
Digitalis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder if any of you experts can help me, as I'm having trouble getting my wireless network to work!

I have an ADSL connection through a Speedtouch 350 USB modem, connected directly to the desktop computer. A Linksys WRT54G wireless router is connected to the computer via port 1 and the computer's ethernet connection, using a CAT6 cable. My laptop has a Buffalo 802.11b wireless PCMCIA card installed. So far, so good.

Using the Linksys setup routine, a wireless LAN was created, which seemed to go OK, and the Network Wizard was run on both the desktop and laptop computers. The laptop can see the wireless connection, and reports that it is connected. However, it can't see either the desktop computer or the internet connection via the network! The desktop seems unable to see the wireless router, and neither computer can see the network created through the Network Wizard.

I've followed through the various troubleshooting routines. I've tried pinging both ways without success. I'm beginning to wonder if the relationship between the USB modem, desktop and router is incorrect (in spite of 'professional' advice otherwise), and that I need an ADSL modem that can use a 10/100 connection direct to the router's 'internet' input.

Any thoughts?