PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CP for Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2015, 08:04
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Every course is unscheduled until they schedule it.

Sounds like a daft statement, but type rating courses are scheduled for when they need them, they aren't like the number 8 bus that comes past at the same time each day.

I wouldn't read anything into the fact they they have scheduled a 787 course for her. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if she does an airbus course as well.

In any event I think you would find it will be much harder for her - or any other person in her position - to actually concentrate on the type rating course as she will be still doing some tasks associated with her management role. This will also impact on her ability to do any line training (I.e. I would think it likely that the line training will be disjointed) and any consolidation will be limited, so it will be quite difficult from that perspective.

Just as a side comment, it seems that plenty of people are happy to bag out management pilots, be they jetstar, Qantas, virgin or wherever. There are exceptions to the following statement, but most management pilots are, in my opinion, doing their best to juggle all the competing priorities and and do not go out of the way to screw over their respective pilot groups. Many are happy to bag them out, far fewer are prepared to put their hand up to offer themselves as a viable alternative