PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 23:12
byrondaf

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
BA taking CTC Wings Cadets

As stated by someone else on here, there were a few cadets that applied and got taken on by BA due to a shortfall from the FPP last year. To clarify BA's current position on recruitment for CTC "whitetail" or Wings cadets, this is copied directly from an email sent to me from their assistant pilot recruitment manager, who visited us at CTC NZ a few weeks ago.

"In terms of numbers for Whitetails we will not know how many if any will be required in 2015 / 2016. However, I would recommend that if a career with British Airways is your ultimate desire please do ask CTC at the appropriate juncture whether there would be a possibility. As mentioned during the talk we have an ongoing requirement for over 300 new pilot entrants into the business over 2015 and envisage a continued recruitment need thereafter."

I asked him directly during his talk if they would be recruiting any low hour cadets outside the FPP in the next 18 months and the short answer was no. Looks like the Orange carrier will be the destination for most.