PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 22:09
MaydayMaydayMayday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aviator_In_Progress
One question I do have is based on the references provided by my current employer - i.e. its company policy not to provide detailed references. HR will provide a letter stating that I worked there and the from and to dates but nothing else, is that likely to be an issue should I get through to the reference checking point?

Thanks.
That shouldn't be a problem, assuming the system remains as it currently is. The employer references are really just to show where you've been for the last five years.

Everyone needs to account for the full five year period directly prior to applying for an airside pass, both prior to starting training, and then again just prior to commencing employment (yes, the whole thing gets done twice!). This includes employment, unemployment (eg. periods claiming jobseekers allowance) and education. Personal referees can be used to cover any gaps that may appear where there's no official way to prove what you were doing.

They also need criminal record checks for any countries of residence during that period, as well as during training (ie. if you go to FTE then after you've finished training you'll need a Spanish CRC as well as one from your home country).

Credit reference checks are also done if you're applying for a loan, but that's a different matter.

Hope that's useful!