PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of newbies
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 19:42
upintheair_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a "newbie" myself, but being someone who prides themselves on learning the proper way to do things only to have so many sub par students sharing the air.

I cringe every time I head out to the pracise area in my training region. Lack of radio calls, breaking airspace, poor situational awareness for the multitude of other aircraft training. Also, we have a big international group that train here (airlines from China send students here to learn) so the English on the radio is less than desirable and most of the time impossible to understand. How they get their English proficiency tests passed is beyond me.

Take it back to the airport, poor circuits (OVERLY large), floating half way down the runway until touch down, lack of radio calls etc. etc. This is also at one of the busiest training airports in the country (CZBB) in very close proximity to Vancouver International so it always makes for an exciting flight.

I've had a few close encounters in the practice area from people not making calls saying their location and ALT. I'm happy to be done now and not have to fly in the training area or circuit anymore.