PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CCAT / Cabair
Thread: CCAT / Cabair
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2003, 03:27
fly-dj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey dwshimoda

Am currently on the intergraged ATPL at CCAT, started in march and so far have been very happy with the course. The ground school is well run with some great instructors. The flight school side of things can suffer from the weather, well thats the UK for you, but is well run and there is talk at the mo of new aircraft for the single engine portion of the course. Nice if it happens!

However to answer you question, is Cabair better or worse that Oxford or BAE in Jerez, I cant really say as I have not had first hand experence of these schools. I choose Cabair because it was right for me, my advice would be visit all the FTO's you are considering, have a wish list of the things you want and ask them tough questions. At the end of the day we are the coustomers and the FTO's want our buisness.

You will find people on pprune going on and on about why their FTO is best, I cant see how anybody can know unless they have done the ATPL course at all of them to gain a fair comparison. Or that it really matters, the JAA ATPL(f) that you end up with is the same piece of paper regardless of which school it came from.

Do what feels right for you and best of luck.

DJ.