PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Caution wake turbulence"
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 08:15
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You blokes really are getting your knickers knotted over nothing here. The "climbing to flight levels" phrase is used on the CTAF in the departure call.
Not really getting my knickers knotted; I'm just wondering why the intended flight level is such a big secret with the Oz TP 'heavies', as you never hear such transmissions from all types of aircraft around the rest of the planet.

"Climbing to flight levels" versus "Climbing flight level 180". Can you really time the difference in transmission length? Can you not see how one call gives useful, accurate information whereas the other just says you're climbing above 10 000'? If you're going to say anything then at least take the same amount of time to say something useful.

If it's written in a company manual then I can understand why you would comply with that (although it would be interesting to see if "caution wake turbulence" is in the same manual), however, just because someone has written it doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed to reflect decent, 'normal' RT procedures, rather than something the writer heard and thought it would be 'cool' to include in the company manuals.