PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 07:47
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the other TP drivers will have seen the coming in of heavy jet guys to regional TP due to lifestyle reasons.

Sometimes its not pretty.

Quite a few don't make it past type rating.

So the linetraining theory may have some weight.

Also nobody has said where that data has come from. It maybe that its ground speed not airspeed. The wind on the day was about 10 knots.

Also is there a noise abatement procedure with a V2+10 off that runway?

I must admit my speed control is very poor when we are meant to do them. My normal 0-5knts tolerance can get as bad as +40. And any excuse such as a bird being seen 24 hours before departure means I can't do it due flight safety reasons.

Never flown a jet, and never had to do one for real, but in the sim it gets very acrobatic in a tp when you get an engine fail at that speed and gear up. You have to instantly drop the nose from 20 degrees nose up down to 9 up Any delay and your speed is below v2. You have to set the attitude before the asi starts moving. You deep into the dirty side of the drag curve.

If they have been doing a v2 + 10 the departed i salute you I more than likely couldn't have done any better if I hadn't cheated with poor speed control.