PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tired and Sad
Thread: Tired and Sad
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2015, 06:57
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
busdriver, a genuine question, but one I fear will be met with a not too pleasant response:

Why is it only when one's own personal lifestyle or CoS or remuneration package is threatened that (CX) pilots feel the need to call out and say "This is wrong / unfair!"

I don't see those getting upgraded or moved sideways from the Airbus fleet to the 777 fleet complaining and saying "I shouldn't do this. I'm potentially screwing a colleague over." No. I also don't hear a peep from AOA. Heaven forbid they (pilots in general but more so AOA members) decide it's "fair" to not accept a move to the 777 fleet (as per this example) at the expense of a more senior colleague, but to respect seniority and wait their turn. That may mean loss of income or lifestyle for some individuals but the greater good & long term conditions are protected.

It's only when ONE'S OWN conditions are threatened when people decide to voice a concern & vent some anger....and then the magic words "Someone should do something about this!" But until then so many appear to be lanyard parading AOA members with their own self interest at the very core. Sort of defies the definition of union (ooops - "Association") no?

Again, a genuine question. No offence intended. In fact I sympathise with your situation and wish things were different, and by that I mean fair. However one's past (the AOA's and CX management's) behaviour is the greatest predicator of future behaviour.